All winter long, I enjoy hearty soups. Last year, I cooked everything from a butternut squash to a classic beef stew to keep me plenty warm inside! But, it turns out that soups can be light, refreshing, and perfect for summertime as well.
Earlier this week my mom and sister sent along a three-ingredient soup recipe! (All pictures in this post are from them too). It’s amazing what you can make with just strawberries, apple juice, and mint leaves.
This chunky strawberry soup is filled with sweetness, and perfect for your next poolside party. When I go to the farmer’s market this weekend, I’ll be on the lookout for strawberries to make this simple soup.
What’s your favorite quick soup? Or item to buy at your local farmer’s market?
Chunky Strawberry Soup Recipe*
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries and a handful for garnish (≈ 1 cup)
- 16 oz. apple juice
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Blend four cups of strawberries into a smooth purée.
- Place strawberry purée through a fine strainer to remove the seeds.
- Add 16 oz. of apple juice, and blend with the strawberry purée for another minute.
- Serve and garnish with thinly sliced strawberries & mint leaves.
It’s that simple! And, just in case you think this week was a little too long. Here’s a Disney quote to brighten your day. Lastly, Happy Fiesta Friday, to my blogging friends from Angie’s party. (You can join the party over at the Novice Gardener each Friday too!)