As I get ready to head off to the Patriots vs. Colts playoff game at Gillette Stadium, I need to pack a allergy friendly meal to fit into my clear gallon-sized bag! Quinoa is not only one of my favorite foods, but it’s also quite compact. Each time I make this salad, I make slight modifications to the recipe below (depending on the ingredients I have around). Enjoy and Go Pats!
Fall Quinoa Salad
Allergens: Celiac Friendly and Free of the Top 8 allergens. Contains mustard.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked Eden Quinoa
- ½ apple, unpeeled but diced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- Dried cranberries
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Prepare Quinoa according to package directions. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add dressing to taste to the quinoa (I only use about 1/3 of it and save the rest for other uses)
- Coat apple with lemon juice
- Add apple, orange and desired amount of dried cranberries to the quinoa
- Serve at room temperature
* Thanks to my mom, Michele, for all of her experimentations.